Effective Date: October 1, 2012
Information in Public Areas of the Site. Please keep in mind that wheneveryou voluntarily provide information in public areas of the Site, that informationcan be viewed and possibly used by others. We therefore advise users not to disclosecontact information, including phone number, email address, street address or instantmessenger address (within these public areas) that they do not wish to share. Weare not responsible for PII you choose to submit in these public areas.
Cookies. Like many websites, We use "cookies." Cookies are alphanumeric identifiersthat We transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enableour systems to recognize your browser. We use persistent, identifying cookies toremember your information and to link your activities to you. While you can takesteps to warn off, block or disable cookies, if you do, the Site may not functionand appear as We have designed it. Nonetheless, if you want to take these steps,you can do so by following the instructions associated with your browser. For moreinformation about cookies, including controlling and deleting them, please visitthe www.aboutcookies.org website.
Our cookies do not collect PII that you provide to Us during the registration process,but they do collect other information such as the following:
- the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet addressof the site from which you direct-linked to ours;
- the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit;
- your computer's IP address and information about its operating system, platformand the Web browser type and version you use;
- demographic and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you;and information to combat fraud or misuse.
Pixel Tags. In our emails to you, We may use "pixel tags" to determine ifyour email software or service can display html-formatted email (this helps Us optimizethe size of our email messages and conserve bandwidth).
Promotions, Sweepstakes, and Contests. From time to time, We may host a promotion,sweepstake, or contest on the Site. You may be asked to provide PII or permit thetransfer to a third party of your PII in connection with such promotion, sweepstakeor contest. It will be disclosed at the point of collection or transfer who is collectingor transferring the information and whose privacy statement applies, and it willbe your choice whether or not you wish to permit such transfer or collection ofPII to a third party.2. What Do We Do With Collected Information?
Opting-Out. Users can unsubscribe from any newsletters or opt out of variouspromotional e-mailings they may have consented to at any time by sending an e-mailto the same address, or by clicking on "unsubscribe" links in each of our newslettersor emails. We reserve the right to send you customary business communications suchas acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general system andadministrative messages regarding the Site, address confirmations, and transactionalinformation about your account, and We may not offer you the opportunity to opt-outof receiving such communications so long as you are registered with the Site.
Use of Other Information. We use non-PII about our users for purposes suchas measuring the number of visitors to sections of our Site, making the Site moreuseful to visitors and delivering targeted advertising and non-advertising content.We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user's movement,and gather broad demographic information for aggregate, non-personally identifiableuse.
Retention of Information. We retain information for as long as required,allowed or We believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. Wemay dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicablelaw that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You mustkeep your own, separate back-up records.
Generally. Subject to the terms of this Policy, We reserve the right to thefollowing worldwide: use, access (or bar access to), process, disclose, display,share, transfer, store, sell, retain, commingle, investigate, verify, prove, andotherwise deal with, voluntarily or as required by law, (collectively “Disclose”)all PII, non-PII and other information. We may Disclose the foregoing internallyto third parties or through any databases for any purpose not prohibited by thisPolicy or, in our discretion, to help prevent or address perceived harm, damageor loss to Us or others or to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders,or other legal process. We reserve the right to send you customary business communications(i.e. acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general systemand administrative messages, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt-outof receiving them.3. Do We Share Information With Other Parties?
We share information with third parties, but only as described in this Section 3.
- Advertisers and Others. We share non-personally identifiable informationwith advertisers, service providers, and other persons with whom We conduct business.Similarly, these advertisers, service providers, and other persons may share withUs non-PII about you that they have independently gathered or acquired.
- Third Party Services. We contract with affiliated and non-affiliated thirdparties to provide services to Us or to you on our behalf. Examples include providingmarketing assistance, providing customer service, sending emails to you, removingrepetitive information from customer lists, and analysing data. These third partiesmay have access to your PII, but will be required to use this information solelyin connection with these authorised business activities.
- Business Transfer. As We develop our business, We might sell or buy businessesor their assets, or engage in transfers, acquisitions, mergers, restructurings,changes of control or similar transactions. In such transactions, customer informationgenerally is one of the transferred business assets, and your PII may be subjectto such a transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, PII may be transferredto a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
- Affiliates. We may share PII, non-PII and other information with our corporateaffiliates. Corporate affiliates are those entities that We control, are controlledby us, or are under common control with Us and any joint venture in which any ofthe controlled entities may participate from time to time. Any use of your informationby our corporate affiliates is subject to this Policy or another policy no lessprotective of your privacy. Conversely, We may obtain information about you fromour corporate affiliates or from your visits to other websites that We or our corporateaffiliates control.
- Compliance and Safety. We may release user information when We believerelease is appropriate to:
-- comply with applicable law, and to respond to legal requests and to respond toor otherwise address written
-- complaints of copyright infringement;
-- make disclosures under programs intended to prevent potential crimes or investigatepersons;
-- enforce or apply agreements, including the Terms and Conditions of Use; or
-- protect the rights, property, or safety of our Site, our users, or others, includingexchanging information with other companies for fraud protection and credit riskreduction.4. How Secure Is My Information?
Your Obligations. You must protect against unauthorised access to your passwordand to your computer. Please sign off when you have finished using a shared computer.Your emails to Us are not necessarily secure against interception so do not includesensitive information in them. We \ will not ask for passwords in an email and youshould assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent. YOU MUST DOWHAT YOU REASONABLY CAN TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Our Security Measures. We take reasonable precautions to protect the securityof our users' information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial proceduresto help safeguard, prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctlyuse your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof,including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes,make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while We use reasonable effortsto protect your PII, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.5. What About Links to Other Sites?
We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time. Non-material changes andclarifications will take effect immediately. If We make non-material changes, Wewill indicate at the top of this page the revised Policy's new effective date. IfWe make material changes, We will notify you by email or through notice on the homepage of the Site, and will also indicate so at the top of this page. The materialchanges will take effect 30 days after such notice. We encourage you to refer tothis Policy at least every 30 days to check for material changes to this Policy.7. Transfers Overseas
Your PII may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area to Us for processing.
We utilize the self-assessment approach to assure our compliance with our privacystatement. We periodically verify that the policy is accurate, comprehensive forthe information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, completely implemented,and in conformity with the Principles. We encourage interested persons to raiseany concerns with Us using the contact information below. We will investigate andattempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personalinformation in accordance with the principles contained in this policy.
Privacy Concerns. If you have any concern or complaint about privacy at theSite, please contact Us at Legal Department, PO Box 7462, Round Rock, TX 78683, U.S.Aor email Us via our contact form. We will doour best to respond to you in a timely and professional manner to answer your questionsand resolve your concerns.
Customer Services. For customer service matters (including questions relatingto this Policy), you may email via our contact form.